Following are links to helpful websites with information about water quality and water safety.
- EPA Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) – EPA protective drinking water standards for more than 90 contaminants.
- EPA – Nuisance Chemicals – Secondary drinking water standards (non-mandatory water quality standards for 15 contaminants.
- Food and Water Watch – Stay on top of the news for water quality issues.
- ISO Water Quality – ISO water quality standards including toxicity, biodegradability, protection against pollution, related installations and equipment.
- The Truth About Tap Water – Good overview to explain the problems with ordinary tap water.
- Water Quality by ZIP Code – Use this website to look up water quality test results for your community.
- USGS Water Quality Primer – U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey. Provides helpful overview and resources to understand natural and man-made water quality issues including chemicals, bacteria, viruses, pathogens, etc.
- Water Quality Wiki – Covers industrial, domestic and environmental water quality issues, and many excellent water quality resources.
- WHO Drinking Water Quality – World Health Organization guidelines for drinking water quality. Comprehensive guidelines and responsibilities for managing water quality and water safety.